Saturday, August 22, 2009

Call for Topics -- Guest Blogger

I've been pleasantly surprised that there's been so much traffic coming to this site over the last couple of weeks! When I started the blog, I was hoping that it could be a repository for photos (street scenes) of the old neighborhood, but no one has contributed any to date. I do appreciate all your comments!

I wonder if any readers of this blog would be interested in contributing Oxford Circle related articles themselves for posting here. Please let me know if you have any interest in doing so. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for Oxford Circle-specific topics for future blogging?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I grew up on Unruh St. in the 50's. Have very fond memories of Castor Ave and OCJCC, which was a big part of my life. It was a great place to grow up - so many kids and the freedom to play out and walk to school.

Paul Beetham said...

I grew up at Summerdale and Alcott. Also Bridge and Sylvester. Later moved back to the neighborhood & lived at Benner and Alma for 18 years.
Moved to Alcott st. when I was ten in 1973. I attended Carnell, Fels, and Frankford high. I have bookmarked this site and will come back soon to "remember" a few thing to all of yous!

Stoshman said...

Lived at the corner of Frontenac & Benner, across from Carnell School, which I attended from 1950 to 1957, then Fels Jr.

Went to a few dances at what was then the 'new' OCJCC, but was Bar Mitzvahed at Temple Sholom at Large Street and the Boulevard.

My dad had a men's store on Frankford Avenue in Mayfair called Squire's Men's Shop. Another Squires, run by my father's partner, was on Castor. Another men's and boy's shop called Fleet's was owned by my uncle's brother-in-law.

My mother managed a ladies' millinery and hat shop called Luria's off the boulevard.

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the candy store Freda and Al's. It had a telephone booth outside it. It was on Summerdale Avenue.

Firoz Khan said...

Real Estate Market Forecast-Core problems of current real estate technology and the lack of real estate trends to help the investors